Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Make your own hot house

This is an easy hot house to make, and does not cost much to make,
and you can grow your summer veg in winter, and the way the cost of veg are at the moment,
like bananas are $12.98 a kg  I paid $2.70 for 2 crazy. well here goes
I will put some new things we have been making each day wool vest, evening bags, flower making,
 1. first you get 8 star pickets 2inch and go to plumbers and buy black poly pipe 2inch you can buy this by the mtre or I bought the hole role 100 mtrs foe $175.00 because I want to build more in the garden for vines to grow over, its amazing what you can do with star pickets and poly pipe
 then we put chicken wire which we used wire to secure in place, ( put timber on top and screwed down to keep in place)then the chicken wire, then the plastic, you can buy hot house plastic but I went for builders plastic on the roll, about $ 85.00 100 mtrs the uv is double the price so I went for the cheaper option (hope I dont regret it)
 then last of all we put the hail net that I got for nothing and used a staple gun and wire to keep in place
then doug made a door way and flap out of old timber lying around
 it is about 10 foot wide and about 18 foot long but you can make any size you like it just a very cheap hot house to makeif I have left any thing out just ask the whole cost is about $100.00 to make, today I planted out all my seeds in boxes so will put my pictures up as progress keeps happening, this morning it was minus 2 deg hope you like my hot house have a great day   crafty carol
baby blankets, and many more things, we have been very busy

1 comment:

I love to hear from you it makes my day.