Monday, August 15, 2011

my quilt and quilt show

well I did our local quilt show with a table of my goodies and had a great time with my friend bev,
it was a loverly three days, and whatever money i had taken I spent, on other tresures, I think thats what its all about, met some loverly people, who are as mad as I am about craft, I live and breath, craft, garage sales,
oppy shops, garden and cooking, I must say life is wonderful, I reccomend being retied, hahaha
my hubby loves me being home, (but he hates it when I get ideas haha that means he has to help haha)

 this is a picture of me and my good friend  beverlyand my quilt
this is the embroidery she has done from her book all in bullion stitch, and other forms of embroidery she is one talented lady
 and this is someones elses quilt that I liked cant remember her name
 a little baby dress I made, I just love making baby dresses  teddy bears and underneath is betty johnstons wall hanging if you can zoom in and see how she has embroiderd  it amazing (I JUST LOVE CRAFT)
there was this lady at the quilt show her name betty johnston, she has put out this childrens book on australian animals, and also made a wall hanging, with all the animals embroidered on it, in stumpwork embroidery, also ribbon embroidery, she does the most amazing work, I am going to arrange some RADF funding for our group, so she can do a workshop, the book is called mrs echidna,s dillemma by betty johnston, fab, book for kids, and AUSTRALIAN and we all know thats a rare thing thease days anyway I am off to brisbane eka, with my darling sister, and we are going to do the garrage sales sat, cant wait have a great week, will show my finds when I come back           crafty

2 comments:

  1. What great fun and how creative are you allI so want lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    Thank you for stopping by - your quilt and the baby dress you made are so lovely, I'm envious of all the sewing talent on show at the quilt show too - the wall hanging is great!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you it makes my day.