Monday, April 18, 2011

knitting wire necklace

Hi everyone this is my first tutorial, so bare with me if there is any questions, please dont hesitate to email me
 This is a knitted necklace instuctions  as follows -
This is a bracelet the same principal first buy knitting wire all bead shops have this and in many colours then thread your beads on, I used glass seed beads, and glass barrel beads, 1 seed 1 barrel 2 strands of barrel 1 pkt seed beads
 then cast on 4 stitches making sure to leave a long lenth of wire, then each time you knit 1 stitch add a bead be sure not to stitch to tight, all shapes of beads have different tention, you will work that out as you go along,
its starting to take shape keep going until last bead, start casting off cut the wire from the roll leaving a very long tale
 then thread through by hand until wire is in the middle put you joiners on with the excess wire
then you have the finished project, you can use any size beads, for your firt just use anything to experiment with to get the feel of it, then do your special on the beads you relly love come on have ago it looks so different with all kinds of beads also looks good with buttons, ( dont ever cut the length of wire just thread and cut when finished .
 this is a choker of red coral all the same pricipal and the pink one below
I have so many thing to show you and share with you so hear goes happy crafting

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a nice place here as well! :) I like you necklaces that you've made. I also make jewelry, but I don't know how to knit any jewelry...that's pretty neat! Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Crafty I will plug your blog very soon many will love these tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm launching a new site that's a collection of different jewelry projects, www.AllFreeBeadedJewelry.com, and that I linked to this project:
    http://www.allfreebeadedjewelry.com/Knitted-Jewelry/How-to-Knit-a-Wire-Necklace

    I would like to know if I can link like this to you, including your photo, in the future. Or if you would be willing to allow me to post projects in full on the site - full credit will always be given to you, of course. It would be yet another source of traffic to your blog. Once you have 2+ projects on the site I can start you a designer profile where you can tell everyone a little about yourself and include links to your blog, etsy store, facebook, etc.

    The site is still under construction, so if some things seem weird they will be fixed. Once the designing part is done the site will be more akin to our sister sites AllFreeSewing.com and FaveCrafts.com.

    Please let me know, I would love to work with you further.
    Thanks!
    Maggie Kmiecik
    mkmiecik@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful jewelry.....love how you used very different technique for your jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought finger knitting was quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful work. You explained very clearly. I'd like to try knitting with beads and create a headband.
    Would it then need to be attached to a purchased headband? Just thinking. Can't seem to find any patterns for it at all. Thank you so much for sharing this project!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you it makes my day.